Friday, November 24, 2006

Passing it on

Thanksgiving has been wonderful with the family, perfect really except for the absence of my little sister and her clan. As I spent time with my family, talking about ancestors that have gone on before me, I realize how little I really had to do with any talent I might have as a writer. Of course, I have studied and honed my craft and I love writing, but when I look at my father's gift with words, when I see my mother's intelligence and attention to detail, when I hear my grandmother spin a tale or remember my grandfather's gift with the pen, I know that I cannot take credit for any success I might have in the world of print. It has all been a gift from God and DNA.
And so, I am thankful for those who have gone before me. I hope to make them proud. And when I look at my daughters and son and realize they too have inherited the ability to tell a story, to express themselves on paper, to move others with their words, I know this is my true accomplishment.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow!!! You are wonderful with words. I am dabbing a tear as I write. And I am not even kidding!!!
I love you SpongeBob!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lexie Ward said...

Right back at you buddy!

The prophecy will be fulfilled...

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to pass it on yourself.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Seth Ward said...

Hey sexie lexie.

When you gonna blog again? I'll give you a nickel.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Update already!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger operamom said...

that was sweet....

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home